Friday 29 June 2018

Local MP Letter

Dear Readers,

So this evening, is an unexpected blog post. I didn’t expect to be writing this. Today, after work, I arrived home to an official looking letter. Yes, it was a letter addressed from the House of Commons. I had not expected a letter back so soon or if any letter would arrive. As last week, I had written back to my local MP to address the letter I had received from Jeremy Hunt. 

To my utter horror, I needed to address the part of Mr Hunt’s letter, stating smoking and obesity to be an underlying cause, and that initiatives were in place to reduce numbers of cases of Pulmonary Hypertension, is in fact an incorrect statement to make. This is very worrying that people in this position of authority do not get their facts right or do not do enough research to address what’s been said. I felt astonished that the things which were said, were so incorrect. 

So now I’m here addressing this further letter from my local MP, Mr John Spellar. Firstly, I have to say that even his letter is a complete let down. Why in the first place could this man, at least attempt to try and take some interest in Pulmonary Hypertension. No, Instead he presents me with a cop out. This man seems to have no care about what his constituent is saying about Pulmonary Hypertension. Also, to even say that obesity is a contributing factor is so totally wrong! 

I’m putting this matter straight! Neither smoking or obesity contribute to Pulmonary Hypertension! I myself have CTEPH. CTEPH is caused by blood clots turning into fibrosis tissue which then in turn narrow and block the arteries. This then over time makes it difficult for blood to travel and pump round the body properly, which then eventually starts to cause heart failure. 

I know of many people now who have PH and some have PH through other diseases, some through problems with the heart. Children get PH and I don’t suppose these children are smoking 50 a day now, are they!! 

I find the comments and statements in these letters totally ridiculous! Where are we even getting these ideas from?? 

Therefore, here is the letter from today that I have received. Make of it what you will... For me, it is beyond words...



Thank you for reading

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Local MP Letter

Dear Readers, So this evening, is an unexpected blog post. I didn’t expect to be writing this. Today, after work, I arrived home to an offic...