Wednesday 13 December 2017

GP

Along this journey with PH, I’ve had good and bad times with medical professionals. Tonight proved to me that some are really dedicated to their job. I have one amazing GP who works at my surgery and is always very thorough with anything medical wise with me.

I received a phone call about a form I was given by Papworth to hand  in to the surgery, about having a heart monitor for 48 hours. The phone call also turned into a chat about my blood test results. Recently my test results have been coming back showing I’m slightly anemic. The doctor took the decision to prescribe iron tablets which is probably what should have happened on Monday when I visited the doctors but unfortunately I did not see the same doctor, so I came away feeling like this other GP was being a bit haphazard about things. The GP then also then phoned back and told me he thought I should have a thyroid test because of my rapid heart rate, just in case something had been missed. I came off the phone and felt highly reassured by what he had told me. It’s a real comfort knowing someone is taking things seriously.

When you have a serious illness like PH, it can bring some worry with it. I’ve seen various medics over the last few years and sometimes it has been completely frustrating as sometimes you’re not listened to. I can’t say that this goes for everyone. However, there are some medics out there that aren’t as good as others.  Tonight I felt the comfort of knowing that someone other than Papworth is keeping a watchful eye on me. Long may it continue as I’d be lost without this GP whom does his upmost for me. I can not praise him enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Local MP Letter

Dear Readers, So this evening, is an unexpected blog post. I didn’t expect to be writing this. Today, after work, I arrived home to an offic...